in search of the sasha wolf

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Come up to my room

In my last post I mentioned the Interior Design Show that is happening this weekend at the Exhibition Place. Well to coincide with that the Gladstone Hotel is also having their annual design event called Come up to my room. I'll be honest and say that I've actually never been to one of these events before but I have heard a lot about them (they're covered in both the Eye in the Now every year). They have a good reputation of being very eclectic and innovative so I'm going to try and hit it up this year.

Basically what they do is they get a bunch of designers to come in and design a room in the hotel as well as some public spaces. I've seem some very nice pictures in the past and it looks promising. It is not just about design but rather the mix between design and art. As you can imagine this involves interesting materials and techniques used to create the basic functional furniture as well as some very unique themes for the overall rooms.

For those of you not down with design there is also an Ice Festival happening up in the Bloor-Yorkville area. There is going to be an ice carving competition as well as an underwater scene created using ice sculptures. There will also be lounges set up for drinking (to keep you warm in the cold weather) and for, you guessed it, ice wine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home