in search of the sasha wolf

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Wasting Time on BlahblahFish

Have some time to waste online? Check out BlahblahFish. You enter some phrase in here and select a language of your choice. It converts the phrase into that language and then translates it back into English. Then you laugh at how much can be lost in translation twice over.

For example the phrase "I wish I knew how to quit you" translated into Japanese and then back again comes out as "I desire the fact that I have known the method of stopping". Which made my giggle. Or "I'm going to miss my train!" is " I intend probably to let escape my train!"

Pure waste of time but other people have posted some really funny lines that you can check out as well.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha. One of my favs is "whisk the tootsie" which comes from "sweep the leg" to Icelandic. I think I might get the shirt.

http://www.blahblahfish.com/mangle/show/22625
:)

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home